We have a long experience in all kinds of programming activities. These include both ‘traditional’, cross-platform software development and web application development.
Designing and implementing scientific, engineering and educational applications is our specialization.
Python is one of the top popular languages for its versatility, flexibility and ease of quick prototyping, testing and maintenance. We routinely develop python code both in 2.7.x and 3.x flavors. Python has a rich repertoire of core and third party libraries that makes it a truly powerful programming language. Scientific libraries like Numpy, Scipy, Pandas, MatPlotlib, Seaborn and Plotly; Optimization tools like PyGMO, inspyred and PySwarms; specialized model interfacing libraries like EpanetTools and SWMM5 are some examples. We have been either lead developer or assisted in a number of python software development projects where we have integrated these tools to realize general-purpose, scientific/engineering and educational software as well as web applications. Here are some recent examples:
- SWMM5-EA: A cross-platform, open-source software with an easy to use graphical user interface for learning optimization with genetic algorithms using drainage system models as examples. This software was aimed for post-graduate education, but it has been used by a number of scientists for research applications as well.
- RRPAM-WDS: A cross-platform, graphical software to apply risk-based decision making in infrastructure asset management. Uses water transport/distribution systems as examples.
- Urban Green Blue: A web application implemented using web2py framework to demonstrate the effectiveness of various kinds of green infrastructure in reducing runoff from an urban catchment.
- LCC: A single-page web application to demonstrate the concept of ‘Life-cycle cost’ in the field of asset management.
- ER: A single-page web application with interactive mapping. Interactive analysis of the trends and statistics of a large database (>5000) of rain gauge stations.